Duct Repair in Ardmore, OK
Serving the Oklahoma City Metro Area
If your home's duct system is leaking, clattering, or making strange noises, you may be losing heated or cooled air through the cracks. This can cause your energy bills to rise, and can even make your home uncomfortable.
Signs You Need Ductwork Repairs
You may be wondering, "How do I know if I need to repair my ducts?" The good news is that there are several signs that you can look out for, letting you know that it's time to get in touch with a professional.
Here are a few signs that you may need ductwork repairs:
- The duct system is leaking: If you notice that there are spots on your floor or ceiling that are cooler or warmer than others, this could be a sign that your ducts are leaking. If you notice this in just one area, it could be that one duct is leaking. However, if the entire room is cooler or warmer than the rest, it could be that your ducts are leaking somewhere, such as where the ducts are connected to the main supply or return ducts.
- The ducts are making loud noises: If you notice that your ducts are making banging, clattering, or whistling noises, this could be a sign that there is something wrong with your ducts. One common cause of this is that there are objects in the ducts, such as leaves, dirt, or twigs. However, it could also be that there is a problem with the ducts themselves, such as a crack or hole in the ducts.
- The temperature is inconsistent: If you notice that there are spots in your home that are cooler or warmer than others, this could be a sign that something is wrong with your ducts. If there is a leak in one of the ducts, this could cause the air in the duct to be cooler or warmer than the rest of the house.
What Causes Ductwork to Fail?
Ducts are vital to the operation of your heating and cooling systems. They bring heated and cooled air to every room in your home. They also have to withstand a lot of wear and tear, especially if your ducts are made of metal.
Some of the most common reasons ducts fail include:
- The ducts are old
- The ducts are too small for the job they are doing
- The ducts are not properly insulated
- The ducts are improperly installed
- The ducts have been damaged
If you have noticed that your heating and cooling bills are much higher than usual, or that your home is not as comfortable as it used to be, it could be that your ducts are failing. In this case, you will need to call a professional to get your ductwork fixed. Fortunately, our team at Swink Heating Air Conditioning & Electric is ready to help.
Why Is It Important to Fix Your Ducts?
The ducts in your home are an integral part of your heating and cooling systems. They are responsible for bringing heated and cooled air to every room in your home. If your ducts are leaking, clattering, or making other strange noises, they can be a major source of unnecessary wear and tear on your HVAC system.
If you are wondering, "Why should I fix my ducts?" the good news is that duct repairs are extremely beneficial to your home. The ducts are responsible for bringing heated and cooled air to every room in your home. If your ducts are leaking, clattering, or making other strange noises, they can be a major source of unnecessary wear and tear on your HVAC system. In addition, leaky ducts can increase your energy bills, making it even more important to get them fixed.
If you need professional ductwork repairs, call Swink Air, Electric & Plumbing at .
- In Need of a Service?
- Looking for a Professional?
- Tired of Doing-it Yourself?
Swink Air, Electric & Plumbing is here to help you with all these issues and so much more before they become a major issue.
"Swink went above and beyond to help us."
- We couldn’t have asked for a better experience all around!!- Lisa N.
Serving Ardmore, OK Since 2005
Brian was very professional and super friendly.- Leigha T.
Very prompt, professional yet friendly service call.- J Spencer
Called at 12:30 and the technician was here by 1:45.- Cassie S.
He was prompt, attentive and ensured I had heat during this crazy Oklahoma weather.- Shawna S
I highly recommend Swink for your electrical needs as well as heat and air.- David K.
We will definitely use Swink anytime we need HVAC service.- Janis B.
I've never been dissatisfied with anything they have ever done.- Pete B.
I have them come every 6 months for maintenance, they are always professional and very nice when I call.- Debbie S.